Saturday, December 12, 2009

A letter to Sbarro…

Hi. I work in the <redacted so the Internet doesn’t know where I work>, Washington. I'm not going to disclose where I work at, lest you retaliate, but I won't be doing business with you. Ever. Here's why:

First off: Right when your store opened (I believe that very night), I was approached by one of the employees (possibly the manager), and he asked me if I wanted to trade product after closing. It took repeated 'no's' for him to get the point. Every company that I've ever worked for has one word to describe this: STEALING. I've seen this individual at other locations, so I can only assume that he's in some form of management (ie store or district manager). And he propositioned me to steal from my employer. Who knows how many other merchants he's tried this with.

That wouldn't be bad enough. A few weeks later, I was asked by my boss to go get a slice of pizza for him. Right there, in front of everyone at the register, again I was propositioned again to steal from my employer in exchange for pizza. The only reason why I didn't walk out right then and there was because it was my boss's money, and he wanted his pizza. I've since let him know that if he wants your pizza, he can get it himself. My integrity will be above reproach.

I wouldn't have complained about those two episodes if it wasn't for tonight. The straw that broke the camel's back happened tonight. I was taking a customer's order when one of your employees approached. You must be running some kind of special tomorrow for mall employees, because he immediately went into his pitch. In the middle of my customer placing her order. Of course, I took his coupons and threw them right in the trash right in front of him, and reminded him that he interrupted a customer. I couldn't understand what he replied to me, but I don't think it was something repeatable. So what if I did that to you? You'd hit the roof. I don't go disrupting your sales, but obviously you just don't care.

You've disrespected me. You've disrespected my employer. And you've disrespected my customers. Not acceptable at all. Don't bother with any apologies. You are thieves, and I do not hear the words of thieves. My integrity will remain above reproach, and I will accept nothing from you. Just know I will never do business with you, and I will let everyone know what scum you really are...

Technorati Tags:

No comments: