Saturday, December 05, 2009

Trying new things…

As I’ve siad before many a time, I have a Shadow. The 2007 one. It came with Windows Mobile 6.0 on it. After about 7 months or so, I discovered a Windows Mobile 6.1 ROM that would work on it (in a nut-shell, it’s a port of the HTC S740 aka the HTC Rose). Anyway, I like it enough that it’s what I usually run nowadays on my phone.

A few months ago, though, somebody ported Windows Mobile 6.5 to the Shadow. Yes, this may be a stretch (the phone’s been officially disco’ed for over a year, and the processor is bit too slow), but there’s still development work going on for it…. The only drawback is that everytime I try it, I encounter some issue, and I end up going back to my previous ROM.

Anyway, I’m giving 6.5 another try. It’s a good thing I’ve got everything backed up…

Technorati Tags:

No comments: