Sunday, July 31, 2011

A record I’d rather not see broken….

The Seattle Mariners lost 17 straight in a row recently. And the manager didn’t get shit-canned. I’m shocked. Last year, Don Wakamatsu got canned for an even shorter streak, but there were some other clubhouse drama issues as well. For starters, he brought back Ken Griffey, Jr. who did nothing but whine and eventually retired in the middle of the season…

I told somebody at work recently what I thought of David Beckham (think man-diva). Today he told me rumors of his own line of underwear. Guess what, he’s right.

The Sounders FC lost yesterday (I’m watching the rerun right now on root sports). But, the Mariners won, so I’ll take it. Apparently they’ve already clinched a play-off spot, according to my father, though he could’ve also been talking about the CONCACAF Champions League

Sorry Charlie, but you’re not starting the Seahawks this year. Pete Caroll is going with Tarvaris Jackson instead of Charlie Whitehurst… A bit of risk in my opinion. But then again, going with a back-up is a risk, too.

No comments: