Thursday, September 01, 2011

Ok, my towers going down the tubes....

Or it could just be a random system fart. But I doubt it, since it was showing the exact same symptoms a last week. Fortunately, I still had the windows XP CD still in the drive, so I just booted to the CD and an running chkdsk. Again. I think its time to back up my data, this time to an external computer. Fortunately, the first time my tower had issues, I bought a laptop. And I have enough space on it to hold everything. But first thing is first: I must get the tower running...

Edit: Ok, so I ran the short chkdsk, and I was able to boot into safe mode. Unfortunately, I can't move files across the network, but I am copying my important files to my second hard drive, which will then be physically disconnected until I can repair it. Something tells me my terabyte hard drive might be going....

Edit: it was actually just a cable that got pulled just loose enough. After unplugging everything, then reseating all my cable and expansion cards, it's ask good now...

No comments: