Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Yet another hardware eulogy….

This time, I know it was hardware failure. I could hear the death scream, and I thought I could smell the Magic Blue Smoke. Farewell, Sylvania F72. Of course, this means that my tower won’t have a dual monitor display until you’re replaced. Which really is going to bite. I could use you to keep the My Documents folder open, while I used my other monitor (a Gateway EV700) to edit a document. Now, I’ll have to re-learn how to switch between windows on one display again. Maybe I should get a hi-def display now (I have a 1gB video card, so I think my system has the oomf to drive one). But that’s too expensive for now.

But with the exception of that, the rest of my tower is running well. But with the monitor gone, I think it’s time I moved most of my computing to the laptop….

No comments: