Monday, November 28, 2016

Finished one wipe, now on to another

Yesterday, among other things, I finished reinstalling all the software from the last time I wiped my tower. Everytime I think I want to try another version of Windows, or even the latest and greatest Windows 10, I always end up back with my previous version. I guess I still like the start menu that I can arrange and sort the folders. I know there will come a time when I’ll have to go to Windows 10 and stick with it (which is why I still keep the flash drive with the installer on it updated). But it could be worse. I could go with Windows 8.1

Anyway, I was on the phone with my Dad, who got Mom’s laptop when she passed away. And the time has come to wipe it. A lot of her memories are on it, I’m sure. But, I’ll make sure to back everything up before I wipe it. The laptop has potential. But mother was not the most computer literate, and there were serious spyware issues. With all of her machines. When she gave me her previous laptop, the first thing I had to do was wipe it. Anyway, the 32gB usb Flash Drive for it has been ordered from Spamazon.

No comments: