Tuesday, June 06, 2017

And the frustration continues….

Why do I keep deciding to wipe my tower? When will I realize that I should leave well enough alone? But there are a couple of things I’ve learned the past two days:

  • Norton is still as buggy as ever. As I was reinstalling drivers and themes, I inserted the USB flash drive that had my fonts, cursors, and themes, and Norton immediately started flagging my font files as virii. So, even though I get it for free from Comcast, it is still a pain in the ass. It’s back to Microsoft Security Essentials. It works. Though I also have gotten virii running Windows 10 with Windows Defender. It’s more about practicing safe hex than what AV you’re running….
  • And the other thing I’ve learned is that my SD card slot on my tower is supported natively by the operating system. No more searching for and trying to install the supposed drivers.

This time, I’m going to apply the lessons I’ve learned from my previous misadventures. But I am going to take my time with this. After all, the only thing that I can’t do on my laptop that I can do on the tower is play Flight Simulator and run my virtual machines…

No comments: