Sunday, June 11, 2017

Lesson learned the hard way today….

Ok, I figured out how to install Windows 8.1 on my tower. It’s actually not that hard, since it’s what my tower came with when I bought it. It’s simple. Just use the system restore set (first thing I did was burn the recovery DVD set). Then I uninstall all the bloatware. But before I install the drivers, I have to install updates. Over 200 of them. But once I got Windows patched, I was able to install all my drivers (including the troublesome video driver) without having any issues with the Blue Screen of Death. I’m going to try to make this a permanent switch. There are a number of reasons why, and there are also reasons why to use Windows 10 and Windows 7 as well. But basically it boils down to I like the way Windows 8.1 renders the windows’ borders vs. 10. Nothing will beat the Windows 7 Aero interface, but the end of support is drawing near.

And there’s also the chance to work with Linux in it again.

No comments: