Saturday, June 24, 2017

Ordered a bunch more useless crap….

While perusing Newegg today, I finally pulled the trigger. I got a few things for the laptop:

  • A 4 tB hard drive. Matches the one I have in the tower. This was if either computer fails, the other one will be able to fully stand in. And if it so be the tower, then I can use the laptop to replace it.
  • A Blu-Ray burner. Laptop came with the HP SuperDrive (basically a DVD burner), but I now get Blu-Rays instead of DVDs. I’d like to watch them on the go…
  • CyberLink Media Suite 14 Ultimate. I have it for the tower. Why not have it the laptop?

Once I get these in, the only thing that I won’t be able to do on my laptop that I can on the tower is watch TV. I can get a usb TV tuner, but I see no point in it. I have cable tv at home, and the laptop is supposed to be portable. Although since I have have X1, I can still stream my tv programming, too. And then there’s Hulu, and Netflix….

I ordered all these while at supposedly working at Mrs. Fields today. My boss was being very tolerant about the use of personal electronics on the job. But he also knows that when I calls me in, I lose a day off from my main employer, so he cuts me a little slack.

Speaking of which, my main job just tried to call me in tonight. I told him no. I’m going to keep the drama to myself for now, at least to see how it can be resolved. But I needed the day off today to cool off, figuratively.

We are currently in the high 80’s with a forecast of the 90’s for tomorrow. I think today was the first time in two years that the air conditioning got turned on at Mrs. Fields (owner doesn’t use it, he grew up in a really hot part of India, so he sees no need for it). And I’m in the living room with the air conditioner on. Rather than trying to cool the entire apartment, I’m just working on keeping the living room cool. When the heat of the day passes, I’ll be able to retire to me room, and when the sun sets, I can use the window fan.

No comments: