Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Yet another day off….

Yes, it’s my day off. They say it’s going to be a bit warm today, so I’ve got the AC on the living room. With my laptop. After yesterday’s fiasco trying to get Windows 8.1 on the tower, I now have to rebuild it, and once again I’m going back to what I know works. But, instead of Microsoft Security Essentials for internet security, I went with something different. One of the features of Comcast internet is a free copy of Norton Internet Security. I remember this. This is what my first computer had when I got it. As I upgraded, I also tried upgrading that, and I think 2/3s of all my Windows ME meltdowns were directly caused by it. So, of course I figured what the heck. I installed in on my tower. And it’s there. I see no difference so far between it and MSE. But if it works and does my system no harm, then it’ll stay.

Both laptops in the house run Windows 10, and therefore run Windows Defender. There’ll be no change there…

No comments: