Wednesday, November 22, 2017

On gratitude, 2017 edition…

Since I’m working tomorrow, I’m celebrating Thanksgiving today. I thought it was going to be a Chinese takeout sort of day. There was nothing wrong with that. Sweet and Sour is always acceptable. But I got marching orders to put the Turkey roast in the oven, so Philip has other plans. There will be turkey this year… No, I’m not getting Thanksgiving off this year, but I’m not going to complain. I knew what I was getting into when I was hired. So, here is a little bit of what I’m grateful this year:

  • My job. After getting fired in July, I was hired in August (acutally they made the job offer in July, but it took a while for the background check). And after two months, I was made full-time, and I now have health insurance again.
  • Family. Dad had a stroke this year. Grandma fell and broke her hip (literally the weekend after I was fired). But they’re still around, and they still have there wits. THings may not be the same, but they’ll be alright.
  • Imagination. Sometimes reality is a bit dreary, and it’s nice to take a few minutes to escape it. The caveat is however that you have to remind yourself to come back to reality. Remember moderation people…
  • My friends. Be them friends on Facebook. Or co-workers. Or former co-workers. They can be there when you need a lift. Or a laugh…
  • And the future. No matter what happens, tomorrow can always be better.


No comments: