Wednesday, November 10, 2010

And Lo!

The Noodly Appendage has reached forth and The Flying Spaghetti Monster has called home the voice of the Mariners, Dave Neihaus. May he frolic forever in The Beer Volcano and The Stripper Factory. Ramen.

Among his highlights were the first pitch at Safeco Field, which is the best venue for The New World Order (Mind-Control Division). I remember my first interest in baseball, growing in the late ‘80s, back when the Mariners sucked (which they still do….) miserably, listening to his voice on the radio. Although at the time I was more inpressed with Rick Risz and his ‘Goodbye Baseball’ tagline, rather than Dave’s ‘My, oh my’. When I did get to go see the games and the Kingdome, I always brought my Walkman along, so I could listen to his play-by-play, and know who at bat.

RIP Dave…

No comments: