Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fun with the new laptop…

It took way too long (4+ hours) to copy my music over to the new laptop from my my tower. And it took the same time to copy my photos over. But it’s probably because I did it the hard way. I simply set a LAN, and am just copying and pasting the files over. I know Windows 7 has windows easy transfer, but thought that copying and pasting would be quicker and more painless. At least this way, I now have an archive of all my stuff on a different computer (in case both hard drives in the tower go to the Beer Volcano and the Stripper Factory).

I’ve given serious thought to taking Windows XP completely off my tower. I can do everything in Linux on it, that I can do in windows. And if I really need windows (or i just want to use windows live writer), that’s why I have a laptop. It has enough of a hard drive to hold everything (320 gb’s, and I’m only using 266 on my tower’s 1 tb…). I think the only software that I have that won’t eventually make it to the laptop is my copy of FSX. There needs to be some serious hardware upgrades in my tower before I can get a decent framerate. When I’m finished moving in, probably I’ll also do my phone stuff (installing new ROM’s, cooking ROM’s for my currently Android powered HD2) will be done from my laptop, just because of it’s portability. And the built-in card reader doesn’t hurt much, either….

No comments: