Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Really, really fast….

I relocated the cable modem to my room today. My apartment has two cable outlets, one in the living room, and one in my room. I used to always have the modem/gateway out in the living room, and everything connected with Wi-Fi. And so there was always a compromise in speed. Even with an ‘N’ class router, my speed was always ‘meh’. Then I realized that if I moved the router to my room, I can connect the Tower with Ethernet. And wired is always faster than Wi-Fi. Like 100 megs. So I moved the modem and connected everything. And I noticed that I have a longer Ethernet cable handy, so my laptop has an uberfast connection, too…

Yes, I’ve had my issues with Comcast. But just this once, I will concede that they’re doing something right when it comes to speed. As for my iffy Wi-Fi connection, there was still more than enough to connect 2 blu-ray players, 2 smart tv’s, 2 laptops, 2 towers, 2 printers,and 2 smartphones. Come to think of it, that might have been the issue…

No comments: