Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Another hot day today….

It’s so hot (again) that I was driven out of my room and into the air-conditioned living room. Thank The Flying Spaghetti Monster for laptops….

My job search has apparently come to an end. I passed the background check, and I should be getting a call soon to begin orientation.  Until then, my vacation has been extended.

Paid another round of bills today. I’m down to my last $100. But the utilities and my credit cards are all still current. And I do have a few dollars coming in from Mrs. Fields. The store owner is doing his best, but there are just not enough hours for me there to survive on. Maybe down the road, I can buy the store, but that is one of those dreams to be watched with caution.

I’m just about finished up with installing Windows 10 on my tower. I just need to finish up with Flight Simulator X and DosBox. And then I can try OpenSuSE. Since the laptop only has Windows 10 on it, I have been forced to use it, and have gotten used to it. And this way, when I blog with Open Live Writer, I can have spell-check….

Preseason starts today. Well, there was this Hall Of Fame Game last week. But tonight, it starts for the rest of the league. Here’s to Tom Brady getting a well-deserved beating this year. Figuratively, not literally. I don’t want to see him get hurt. Just embarrassed. Maybe some defensive lineman could give him an Atomic Wedgie….

No comments: