Wednesday, January 03, 2018

An unexpected journey. And an unexpected bonus….

I screwed up this most recent paycheck. I went to pay my bills, and the two credit cards that were due. And the electric bill. And my bus pass (I still need to take the bus most places. My bike is mainly for commuting home when I cant take the bus). Then there was the last Facebook ad that I ran for Mrs. Fields this Christmas. So, I was looking at being about $75.00 short when it came time to pay the rent…

Anyway, I got a text from my boss at Mrs. Fields to come in and set up his new printer. So, my day off (today) from my main job I go in with my laptop. First thing, I notice is that my laptop still remembers the store Wi-Fi password, even though I’ve wiped the laptop since I last logged on. Not that I’m complaining or anything. So, I set his printer up (basically installed the software on my laptop and configured it so he could wirelessly print from his cell phone). And then he gave me a paycheck. That I had not been expecting.  And he gave my a Christmas bonus, too.

Needless to say, I won’t be short when I pay the rent. And I can afford the next vial of insulin….

No comments: