Tuesday, January 09, 2018

It’s my day off today….

Start of another ‘weekend’ for me. Today’s agenda: laundry (2 loads), wipe the tower (yes, I know I do it too much), and does as little else as possible…

I’m not really worried about Specter and Meltdown. If it’s going to happen, it will happen. These bugs are in the hardware, and they’ve been around for the past 20 years. Besides both my tower and my laptop both run AMD processors, (and all the buss is how these affect Intel processors). These are more hardware bugs than software exploits, and the only real solution is to upgrade your processor. And I’m not going to just buy a new computer just to patch a bug that’s been around for 20 years. I’ll just live with it. Though I will install the Windows patches when the come available. Though from what I’ve heard, there are stories of the latest patch bricking AMD processor powered computers….

Wiped the tower again (like I’ve already mentioned). This time with Windows 8.1. Though I remember what happened a year ago when I tried Win8.1, and my power supply went up in smoke. Literally….

Maybe I’ll order pizza tonight. I got a Papa Johns gift card for Christmas, and it’s time to use it….

No comments: