Tuesday, January 02, 2018

A slightly later strange trip…..

Normally I’d post this on New Year’s Eve, but circumstances dictated otherwise (I had to work). When the New Year began, I was at the Transit Center, waiting for my bus. Anyway, in no particular order, here’s what happened this year:

  • I transferred to a closer location for work. There is a difference between a 20 minute walk to work vs. 2+ hours on the bus….
  • I got fired. Never a good time.
  • I got hired at another company. And two months later, they pulled me into the office and officially made me full time (yay benefits!).
  • I bought a laptop. Along with it I’ve also upgraded the RAM, added a USB Blu-Ray, and a TV Tuner. It can now do anything my tower can do. In fact, this post is being written on it.
  • I got a  bicycle. Uber is expensive. Owing to my schedule, I’m getting off the bus at 12:30 in the morning at the SR 512 Park and Ride. If I walk it, I get home after 2. Not going to happen anymore. With the bike, I’m home at about 1 or so.
  • Dad had two strokes. He’s still in therapy, but he is making significant progress.
  • I took over the Mrs Fields Store’s Facebook Page. Not really, but I was given administrator access, so I could write the posts. And this also includes the Facebook ads…
  • I bought 4 pairs of shoes. The plantar fasciitis is almost gone (though I also think that the bicycle is helping that, too).
  • I thought that I could do all my Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving. And then every time I set foot in Worst Buy afterwards, I still spend at least 3 figures….

Basically, a lot of stuff happened this past year. But 2018 is just beginning….

No comments: