Wednesday, January 31, 2018

So, the state of the union was tonight…

And I didn’t watch it. I watched college basketball and hockey instead. There is enough incompetence and corruption in this administration that I don’t need to hear anymore of it. I admire his call for more bipartisanship, though. But let’s face it, his tax reform package that he just passed is essentially running up the nation’s debt to give the 1 percent a tax break. And the rest of us (who really can’t afford it) will end up footing the bill down the road.

Only under Donald Trump can the same party control both houses of Congress and the White House, and yet we still have a government shutdown.

But there is still hope. We still have the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. The mid-term elections are coming up. America may not be in a good spot right now, but we’ll overcome. We have before. We even survived 8 years of Dubya. I just updated my voter registration recently, and I intend to make sure that my vote counts.

No comments: