Wednesday, September 23, 2015

So I went to HR recently…

For those of you who were fasting a while back, Eid Mubarak. Yes, it’s a day early, but I don’t think I’m going to be near a computer tomorrow…
I’ve been full-time since last fall. And that’s normally meant that I had to have open availability. Which means I can be scheduled anywhere from 6 am to 10 pm. That was the trade-off, but it was worth it, so I took it. And I’ve always made sure to be there on time for my shifts. There were some times when I couldn’t make it, but that’s what sick leave was for. This spring, management called me into the office when it was realized what I was going through to close one night and open the next day. But that was the only compromise that I asked. My official position was I will work when I was scheduled.
Anyway last week, I was going over my schedule, and checked my hours of availability, and I realized that they had been altered. Certain days had been given fixed availability. So, yesterday, I asked HR about it, and they confirmed that my schedule was being fixed. Because they needed someone with my skills who was dependable (which I’ve apparently demonstrated).
So, no more changing schedules. And I’m full-time still. But who cares about that? It’s football season. And I now have Sundays off…

No comments: