Wednesday, September 30, 2015

One of the perks of my job….

Yes, I have a paid vacation. Paid sick leave. Performance bonuses. Supervisors who’ll let you step away to take a leak when nature calls. And more importantly, supervisors who know when your blood sugar is low, it needs to be taken care of right away. And my employer has also made deals with other companies, so I can get discounts. For example, I get 25% off of my bill at Sprint for working here.

But there is one fringe benefit that my company offers. It doesn’t matter what company health plan you’re on, or if you’re full or part time. My employer offers free flu shots. Which is actually more profitable for the company, when you think of all the lost productivity from sick calls during flu season (like when I called out last year, most likely due to the flu).

I got my flu shot today. For free…

No comments: