Sunday, September 27, 2015

Because I can

I really don't know why I did it. Windows 7 was working so well. But I discovered that I can resize the Windows partition in windows 8.1, and I can delete the oem recovery partition. So I can I can do a factory reset on my tower, which reinstalls 8.1. I can then upgrade with my pro pack key, which installs 8.1 Pro and Windows Media Center. I can then delete my recovery partition (which I don't need since the first thing I did was burn the recovery set to DVD), and resize my windows partition to allow space for Linux. Which I've done. And now I'm upgrading to Windows 10. I could've done just a straight install (I have the flash drive with the installer),  but since I'm upgrading from 8.1 Pro with Windows Media Center, I'm getting the Microsoft DVD player in 10. Of course, I also have Nero,  but this defeats the point:

I'm doing this because I can....

No comments: