Saturday, July 26, 2008

I get Sunday off

I almost never get Sunday off.  I can usually count on working every Sunday (like I have for the as long as I’ve had a job).  My boss is a religious person so she uses this as a chance to go to services (I’ve never asked her what faith she practices, and I probably never will since one’s religion usually not an appropriate workplace topic).  But this past week, she had other family events which necessitated me working by myself the entire weekend by myself.  Being an hourly employee (I’m not ready to disclose where I work, and what my job is yet, but I will say that it is definitely non-it.  Most of the time.  When I’m not fixing the computer at work, or fielding calls from Indiana trying to fix that computer over the phone, but that’s a whole other blog posting…..), her concern was I had too many hours this pay period (she and her husband own the company).  ANd so I get Sunday off.  I have no ego.  I’m not going to play office politics.  But my issue is thus:

A Sunday off outside of Football season is a wasted Sunday.  But I have made it known that if I will get Monday nights off to watch Monday Night Football.

Training camp has started by the way…..

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: