Saturday, July 26, 2008

Finally…..

A few months ago, I saw on Brielle’s blog her problems with trying to run Vista.  So I decided to put Windows ME on my computer to prove that ME has less issue than Vista (read it here).  That was my mistake.  In order to do that, I had to tear apart a perfectly good Windows XP system, wipe the drive and start over from scratch.  That attempt lasted all of about three days, and then I decided to go back to windows XP.  Which means once again wiping my drive and starting over from scratch.  This was a couple of months (or thereabouts) ago.  Tonight, I just now finished getting everything reinstalled (even the games that I never played anyway).  Maybe The Anti-Christ should make an operating system that doesn’t suck (though that would be too muck to ask).

The moral of this story is don’t try to show up the SOSDG administrators…..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember ME when it came out... People were buying new desktops and laptops with it, only to realize that they should have waited a few more months for XP.

There was actually a way to cherry pick things from ME and paste them onto 98 (like the TCP/IP stack), which sorta extended the life of 98 a little bit.

98lite was pretty cool though, you could take the 95 shell and use it in 98, thus avoiding active desktop.


Ahh those were the days!