Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Look out, Wikipedia, there’s a new player in town…..

I use Wikipedia. I will admit it.  I think nearly everyone has used at one time or another.  But it has its drawbacks.  For example: since anyone can edit it, it is vulnerable to vandalism from anonymous sources.  But it does make for good time killing, and there is a lot of good knowledge in it.  You just have to take it with the occasional grain of salt…

But today, Google has unveiled Knol.  From the write-up on Slashdot:

Knol's distinctions from Wikipedia are that authors are identified by their real names (and verified), and that they can share in ad revenue if they choose to

Whether or not this will replace Wikipedia or not, I can’t tell.Some people will prefer Wikipedia because of the anonymity, some will use knol, because of it’s verification.  I will probably use both.  And keep my tin-toil hat on at all times.  This could still be a ploy by The New World Order (Mind-Control Division)……

Shiny Side Out, people.....

No comments: