Tuesday, July 01, 2008

It ain’t all that bad

I do read The Consumerist daily, and Comcast is one of the regulars to appear.  Not A Good Thing in general.  But on occasion, Comcast does get it right.  Here’s my experience:  Though three moves, the Comcast technician has always been on time to hook up service at the new place.  In fact they’ve always been within an hour of the beginning of the window.  They were also on time when I upgraded to digital cable and I got high-speed internet.

It ain’t all that bad.  Yes, Comcast does have some bad apples in it, like most companies do.  And I’m not trying to mindlessly shill for them either.  If an employee screws up on company time, then the company is responsible for setting it right.  Usually this means shit-canning the rogue employees and getting some people in there who aren’t incompetent fools (which if Comcast did in the first place, they wouldn’t be the subject of so many Consumerist articles).

If you can’t tell already, the cable guy came here this morning, and we now have TV and Internet at the new apartment.

Edit: 12 hours after I made this post, my high-speed internet falked out, and Comcast will have to come out again and trouble shoot it.  Not that I’m complaining.  We needed to get a hi-def box anyway for the living room……

No comments: