Monday, August 15, 2011

I now pronounce you Google and Motorola

If you haven’t heard it yet, Google is buying Motorola Mobility. Motorola has in the past made phone that are icons. Remember the microtac from the mid-90’s? Or perhaps the first wearable phone, the star-tac (some years later they released the RAZR, and the Star-tac was still lighter than it). I used to have a motorola, a blue MotoRIZR Z3, that I bought from my boss (who at the time had the original T-Mobile Shadow, a gift from his wife). Six months later, he sold me his Shadow. Two years later, his wife bought him a HTC HD2. Six months later, he sold to me. IMO, he made the biggest mistake of his life (there is so much more you can do with an HD2…). Hes now using and LG Optimus G2X.

This will probably do much to improve Google’s market share (iOS is still the phone system for douchebags, but there are still lots of douchebags. And then there’s The Anti-Christ….). If this clears anti-trust, good things could happen. Then again….

My contract went up two weeks ago. But waiting to see if the AT&T/T-Mobile merger will go through before I renew/upgrade my contract. Sprint is also a viable option…

No comments: