Thursday, August 18, 2011

A little older, hopefully wiser….

When somebody posts to my Facebook wall, I get the usual email. I also get a text. It comes in handy. If I know who’s ‘freinding’ me, I can confirm it without having to open my browser. However, this can have it’s drawbacks/ Like when my birthday comes around, and everybody posts their wishes. And they have to do it at three in the morning. Fortunately, I remembered I can put my phone on silent mode…

My birthday was today. As of this writing, I have about 20 minutes left of it. I didn’t get much this year, which is alright with me.  The well wishes I got from my friends (and my sisters. And you, Mom & Dad) throughout the day were the highpoint of the day. And Steve, shall hunt you down, and repeatedly say ‘NI!’ at you until I get my shrubbery…

Aside from the well-wishes, I did get a couple of items. Mother gave me a case of Coke Zero. I told my father I really didn’t want anything specific, so he gave a couple of Federal Reserve gift certificates.

Surprisingly my boss hasn’t tried selling me a phone this year. Three years ago, he sold me his Shadow. Last year, he sold me his HD2. But this year, he’s selling me a computer desk and a monitor (to go with the old tower I already have. When I’m not screwing around with that tower, I’ll use it as a workstation, ie keyboard, monitor, and mouse so I can fix other towers, something I still get called upon to do….).

No comments: