Monday, July 20, 2015

Almost ready

With Windows 10 starting to come out next week, I’m making sure my computer is ready for it. The main thing was to replace my tv tuner card. My previous card, a tv wonder pro 750 was incompatible with Windows 8 and 10 (and not to mention Linux as well). So, I’m replacing it with a Hauppagge WinTV-HVR-2250. Compatible with 7,8.1, 10 and Linux. And hedging my bets against Windows 10 not being my cup of tea, I also ordered a copy of Windows 8.1 Pro. I probably won’t need it, but I can use it to upgrade to windows 10 pro instead of home.

Yes, I’ve posted about hating 8.1 before (if I hadn’t, I do not like it). But it’s time to get with the times. Windows 7’s lifetime is finite. And I know all my hardware will be compatible with windows 8.1 and 10.

But more importantly, I’ll be able to tinker with Linux again…

No comments: