Monday, July 27, 2015

Ok, I got them...

This afternoon, I got my Hauppagge WinTV HVR-2250 tv card. I got it mainly because it was compatible with Windows 8.1, 10 and Linux. With my Diamond TV Wonder PCIE 750, it could only work under Windows 7 (or Windows XP, but I'm not going to try that with 24gb of RAM installed). As much as I liked my TV Wonder, it's time to move on. And I want to watch TV in Linux again. Today I also got my Windows 8.1 Pro Pack key. Just enter it, and my Windows 8.1 becomes pro. And I have Windows Media Center. I know I really don't need it, but there once was a time when my computer wasn't right next to a 55" HD set, and I want to be ready if my computer has to become the TV again.

I also got 3 usb flash drives today. It's a lot quicker to format and copy to a flash drive then burn a recovery DVD....

No comments: