Thursday, July 23, 2015

Making the best of what's around

Sometimes, we don't get the hand we want. And opportunity you were hoping for doesn't come through. Like today at work. My work location is in Federal Way, and I take the bus. And there are times when the bus by my house isn't running, and I have to walk 4.5 miles to the next connection. There is another location that's only a 20 minute walk from my apartment. I've been trying to transfer, and I finally got a hold of management to inquire about it today. And I was told that since I'm full time, I'd have to step down to part time to do it. And that isn't happening. But management here at my current location to appreciate me. And the effort it takes to get there on time...

You can hope all you want for the best, but it boils down to just playing the hand that you've been dealt. Every hand's a winner. And every hand's a loser. Just make the best with what you have...

No comments: