Tuesday, July 07, 2015

It no longer matters…

(I’m writing this from the laptop as the tower is still in the midst of a system rebuild)…

This has been weighing on my mind for a while. The Supreme Court made it’s ruling on the case while I was in the middle of my aforementioned 15 day stretch of working….

I’m talking about gay marriage. After the ruling, it should now be called just marriage. But all kidding aside, this is a rather controversial subject. I have kept my opinions on this and on homosexuality to myself, and aside from this post (if at that) I will continue to do so. Needless to say is gay marriage is now legal. Not just in Washington, but in all 50 states. Praise it, or condemn it, it is now the law of the land.

It no longer matters whether or not you know the difference between teal and fuschia. You may now marry the partner of your choice, for the most part….

The other matter I want to touch on is the Confederate Flag. Once it may have been the symbol of the Confederacy in the Civil War (which it lost). In the Civil Rights era, some states (like Georgia) added it to their state flags as a show of defiance to ‘The North’. In that sense, the Confederate Flag is racist. It ought not to be shown. However, it is also free speech to show it. As much as I condemn it, it is still one’s right to display it and use it. I may not ever agree with it, or the principles it stood for, but I will defend your right to display it. It’s just like Westboro Baptist Church. Everybody condemns them, but they still have the right to say their message of hate and intolerance.

Now according to my Facebook feed of late, the government is going to take away our guns, make us give up our jobs to illegal aliens, and force us all to get gay married. Come to think of it, it’s time to adjust my feed settings.

No comments: