Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Once again, I have use poor judgement….

But it’s not as bad as it’s been. Yes, I got a laptop a couple of weeks ago. And I’m finding it to be pretty useful. Especially now that the heat of the summer is here, I can be out in the AC’ed living room rather than on the tower in my room.

I’ve been thinking about getting a tablet. I used to have one. In fact, I still have it. It’s in my junk drawer. After I paid off the contract through Sprint, I finally cancelled service on it (it was actually the last item that I got on contract). And I thought about getting another one. I took a look at Sprint’s selection. And it sucks. Of course they have their collection of iPads and Galaxys. I will never go near an iPad. And really, if I need a tablet, my phone already does it better with a slightly smaller screen. I decided I needed something for the laptop. So I can take it places and not worry about finding wi-fi.

So today I ordered a USB modem with a data plan. For those situations where I don’t want to use wi-fi, and I need to access the internet.

I guess the use of poor judgement comes not from ordering this, but from going back to a company that has repeatedly demonstrated that they don’t give a damn about customers. Maybe some day I’ll tell you about my troubles in having the phone activated, and the fact that I was flat out told to drop dead when I went to the local sprint store to enquire about them. Then there’s the overseas call center (not that it’s a specific problem, it’s just when the accent is too thick for me to understand, and they’re just reading off a script rather than actually doing something). But Verizon is too expensive, and T-Mobile is persona non grata….

No comments: