Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Vacation Day 3 Report

Installed Cygwin on my Tower. Actually I just got up, turned the computer on and let the installer run. Then I jumped on the bus and went to Grandma’s house. Spent most of the day there in Dad’s room, fixing his computer. He has a really old Windows Vista laptop that has a couple of really old programs that won’t run on anything more recent. Cleaned it up the best I could, and told him to use the other laptop. This was Mother’s old laptop before she passed away. The main issue was recovering her Facebook password, but I found it. Then I pulled out my usb 3.0 thumb drive that I bought for him last December and finally made a system restore drive for him. Then I wiped the laptop. And it took over 4 hours for it to format the drive and reinstall Windows 10. But I did add him as a user on my Office 365 account (I can install it on up to 5 computers, and I’m only using on my laptop and my tower).

And that was my vacation day. Tomorrow is Laundry Day, and I need to run to Wally World….

No comments: