Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Ok, hopefully this will last for a while….

Like I said last week, I wiped my tower once again. Went with Windows 8.1. Then, the night after I restored my Steam back-up (normally about an 8 hour job), as I was riding my bike home, I decided to give Windows 10 another chance. So, I did the stupid thing and upgraded to the April Update. Fortunately, most of my work was still intact, so I could just finish up the install. Tonight, I finished the build. Unlike when I did the clean install, I didn’t have any ‘permissions’ issue with the TV Tuner. And as for the lack of Game Explorer, the Xbox app (through the windows store) provides a lot of the functionality (if not all of it). Too bad Microsoft hasn’t done much to announce that.

It’s a good thing I’ve finished it (and I also have all the Windows 8.1 apps that I’ve missed). As my phone took a dump on me Sunday night, and I have to now rebuild that (I’m actually 75% done with that). This time, I’m not installing all the news apps that I used to install and never use (mainly I use Google News and MSN News). The hard part, is since my phone has a fingerprint scanner, I set my phone to sign in to most my financial apps with my fingerprint, and I now have to remember my passwords to sign in again…

Next up after all this will be my laptop…

No comments: