Monday, June 04, 2018

So, like I said, two years ago...

This was originally going to be the previous post, but I realized that it was two years to the day that my mom passed on....

Anyway, one of the decisions that was made was that I got her air conditioner. Work (actually the commute) at the time dictated that I get up at 1:30 in the morning, which meant going to bed during the heat of the day. The AC was in my room for about a month and a half, and then I decided to move it to the living room, so my roommate could survive the heat wave that hit just at that time.

Anyway a couple of weeks ago, I saw a good deal on a refurbished portable AC unit, so I pulled the trigger. It arrived last week and I set it up today. And my room is air-conditioned again this summer. Though when I set it up, I heard some bad reviews about the noise. Unfortunately they were true. But I found a work around. Where the ac is spotted in my room, yo cant see the base of it. I quickly realized that the noise was worst when the AC was resting on it's castor. But if I wedged something underneath it, so that it's not on the castors, the noise is reasonable. So it's now resting on my old pair of Wolverines that I can no longer wear.

I am now ready for summer. I hope...

No comments: