Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Tonight Purge is over…

Ok tonight, I threw out my stereo. Farewell Sony MHC-F250AV. May The Flying Spaghetti Monster convey you to The Beer Volcano and Stripper Factory in the afterlife. I remember when I first bought it. It had all the fittings for Dolby Pro Logic home theater, but I didn’t use it when I first got it as my TV at the time was only 5 inches. I thought about getting a larger TV, but that never happened. I got it when I lived in my first apartment in Puyallup. In 2003, I finally really realized that with the All In Wonder Radeon video card (aka Radeon 7200) in my computer, I could wire the sound card of my computer into my stereo, and have home theater at last in my room. And then later on as my music library grew, I used to listen to the mp3’s on my tower. Mainly because it sounded a lot better than my computer speakers.

Then I got my first smart phone. And the realization that I could take my entire library with me. Then I started getting larger TV’s. My brother handed me down his TV, and I started watching it without using home theater. And after that, my boss at Mrs. Fields sold me his 55” TV, and I finally ran out of space in my room. So, I retired it in 2014, throwing it in my closet. Last year I finally got some computer speakers with some horsepower, and I switched most of my music listening to streaming Spamazon (my roommate got me an Echo for Christmas). BTW for $7.99/month, you can stream anything in Amazon’s catalog….

So, farewell stereo. You were the high point of my tech when I first bought you, and you served faithfully for 14+ years. But times have changed. And I need to clear 10+ years worth of junk out of my room.

No comments: