Wednesday, June 06, 2018

What did I do this weekend?

Basically I installed Windows 8.1 on a whim. Don’t ask me why I did it. But there’s just something with the Windows 10 April update, that I don’t like. Maybe it’s the lack of the Game Explorer that’s been around since Windows Vista. Maybe it’s the new camera permission that’s fucked up my TV tuner. But it all works in 8.1. Maybe I’ll give the April update a try down the road.

Actually I’m surprised at how much I got done in the past 2 days. Normally when I install Windows, I start from scratch, wiping everything on the hard drive. That’s what I did. And I got pretty far. Normally what I did in two days takes over two weeks. And I also went to the Credit Union and deposited the rent money (and paid the rent, too)….

And when I finish this, I still have the laptop to finish…

No comments: