Tuesday, June 19, 2018

The end of 7 year relationship...

7 years ago, my tower at the time started just turning off. Some summary Google searching revealed that my CPU was overheating. I cleaned off the heat sink, and I was good to go. But while I was troubleshooting it, I also went to Worst Buy, and looked at laptops. I saw one that looked good, so I applied for the Worst Buy card. And got approved. Ordered the laptop. 3 1/2 years later, the Tower failed. I requested a limit increase, was approved, and got my current Tower. Through the years, I kept using the card, and they kept raising the limit....

I finally realized a couple of months ago that my ever increasing balances were not good for my financial health, and I cut up my cards. Including my Worst Buy card. And tonight, I finally contacted Citibank, and closed the account. It's going to be a couple of years before I finally pay it off.

Making the decision to cut up your credit cards is never easy. Going cold turkey is never fun. I just hope I'm not over my head already....

No comments: