Tuesday, August 31, 2021

So I had a tablet….

A couple of weeks ago when I screwed up my computer. Enough that I had to practically replace it (enough hardware replacement that I had to buy a new Windows 10 license). I also decided to order a new tablet, so when I needed something I wouldn’t have spend 6 hours patching and upgrading the laptop before I use it. It was delivered right away, but because of work, I couldn’t activate it. So I went to an online chat, and they couldn’t activate it, and told me to call sales. Which really pissed me off. It seemed like I was being bounced around. Now if they were professionally handing me off to somebody else, I would’ve been ok with that. But they were telling me to call someone. To do legwork that they ought to have done themselves. So in frustration I took it to Twitter and pointed out how T-Mobile has piss poor customer service. And that went nowhere. Went back to chat tried it again, and this time after it was unable to activate it, I said I wanted to return it. I had to explicitly explain ‘3 strikes, you’re out’. Another phone call and I finally got the operator to understand that it was coming back (I’m not paying $200 for a Wi-Fi only tablet). So, yesterday I finally got it into UPS to begin it’s journey back.

As a side note, both Sprint and T-Mobile have really piss-poor customer service. This wasn’t the first time I’ve been treated like crap:

  • There was my first attempt to upgrade to the HTC Sensation 4G on T-Mobile. They decided to pull a bait-and-switch on my plans. And when I returned the phones, my brother’s line lost all data. So we went to Sprint.
  • And really with Sprint, there only two time when I was able to activate my new phone without any issues. There was my first phone (the HTC EVO 3D) and my Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Oh, and my current phone. But the HTC One M7 I had to go to a physical store to activate it. The HTC One M8 I had to reach out on social media. The HTC 10 I had to chew them out on Twitter for 7 hours because they chose to bring down there entire website until my brother came home, and I could call from his phone.
  • And speaking of the HTC 10. There was the first I ordered it. I requested in store pick up and activation. And the employee was an ass. I just walked out. Sent Sprint and EECB, and even they couldn’t cancel my order…

And now we can add my attempt at adding a tablet to it. I paid full price for it, and added a line for it. And even after paying for it, they still couldn’t activate it. T-Mobile=Sprint=Piss-Poor customer service…

No comments: