Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Vacation: Report

If you’re keeping score, well I fucked up my computer Sunday night/Monday morning. I’ve already replacement parts (mainly the motherboard). Realistically, I’m just replacing the motherboard, but this means getting a new Windows 10 license. So as far as Microsoft is concerned it’s a new computer.

Last night, I pulled the Tower out and pulled out all 3 hard drives. Plugged them into my media center tower (via a usb enclosure) and they’re still operable. So, back into the tower they go. I then decided that there was nothing on TV, so I went to bed and took a 4 hour nap. Got up with a headache. Drank an energy drink (I had a caffeine withdrawal headache) and my headache progressed to nausea. And 20 minutes later, it came back up. 2 cups of tea settled my headache down (and my stomach). Watched some cricket (The Hundred). And then I went to bed for another four hours. Tonight, I got up early and did laundry. The agenda today will be watch TV and stream & chill).

During the past two days, I've also been doing maintenance on the laptop. It’s slower than molasses, but I’ve managed to get it updated and patched (all the way to 21h1). I think in the not so far future there’s going to be a laptop rebuild. But I’ll hold off on it for now….

No comments: