Sunday, August 15, 2021

Vacation: Commence

So, a few weeks ago, I booked Wednesday and Thursday night off for vacation. As is an actual vacation, and not burning vacation time because I had to call out (which my employer strongly discourages, btw). A couple of days later, I realized that my overnight manager had approved it. So after thanking him, I told him that I was also going to book Sunday night, and give myself a 5 day weekend. Which he approved. And so today rolled around. I got home from work. I’ve already ordered pizza. And placed my grocery orders with Wally World and Target (I’m lazy. I’ll pay the delivery fee just to avoid lugging everything on the bus).

So my vacation has started. I shall try to do as little as possible till Friday night.

I do have to admit that I have the best of timing. Last week there was a transformer blowout (possibly due to a collision), and we were without power for 2 hours. Last night I heard that tonight was going to be a scheduled outage for maintenance from 11pm to 6 am. Work must go on. The overnight manager has already said that headband flashlights will be issued to everyone, and work will continue. But I get to avoid the shit-show….

No comments: